Identity is intrinsically rooted in our life’s purpose. For college athletes, so much of their identity is bound-up in their career goals, sports they play and their collegiate involvements. But what happens after their collegiate athletic career is over? However, only about 1% of Division I athletes will make it to the pros… From feeling a sense of belonging, to achieving goals and winning championships, college athletes need support as they develop their identity. Identity development can change drastically once a collegiate athletic career comes to an end. We want all student athletes to be aware of this sometimes harsh transition, and to develop skills they will need to be successful in life and in their career after their eligibility comes to an end.
- Participants will be able to identify short & long term personal and career goals.
- Participants will be able to generate a Resume; Cover Letter & Personal Statement.
- Participants will be able to develop a personal Mission Statement; Elevator Pitch.
- Participants will be able to assess their skills, experiences; apply them to their future career/job search.
- Participants will be able to identify resources available on college campuses to best support their needs.
- Participants will be able to examine the skills they have learned as an athlete; how they translate into everyday life; how they can leverage their skills and experiences in a job/Graduate School interview.