Career Planning: Aspiring Student Affairs Professionals – Workshop Description:
Student Affairs and Higher Education is one of the most dynamic, rewarding and impactful professions in which to spend your career. Preparing for Graduate School, going on Job Interviews, Practicing Mock interviewing, joining professional organizations and so much more is how our Coaching team can help you. From polishing your resume and cover letter, to helping you narrow down your search and prepare for the interviews, having a coach to guide you can make all the difference in this tough job economy. Let us help coach you individually, or have us come to your campus to speak at a class you are teaching; we have great experience in navigating this extremely stressful and life-changing process.
- Participants will be able to identify short & long term goals.
- Participants will be able to identify graduate programs that make sense for you, your budget and your goals.
- Participants will be able to identify resources and support networks available to support student learning needs.
- Participants will be able to create an Action Plan for the graduate admissions process.
- Participants will be able to prepare for: Interviews; Campus Tours; Completing the application and writing the required essays; Study skill and GRE Prep; Financial Aid/FAFSA Applications; etc…
- Participants will be able to assess their Resume; Cover Letter & Personal Statement.
- Participants will be able to develop a personal Mission Statement; Elevator Pitch.
- Participants will be able to assess their skills, experiences; apply them to their job search.
- Participants will be able to identify resources on their new campus that will support their transition.